Functional Skills Tutor
£24,000 per annum
This position is currently entirely home based, supporting apprentices remotely using methods such as live classes and 1:1 coaching meetings. There will be occasional travel with attendance at team meetings and additional learner support when required.
• Guide and support learners to achieve their maths & English level 2 qualifications
• Adhere to organisational and funding requirements
• Maintain regular contact with learners and deliver high quality remote learning and development
• Monitor and review learning activity and standards to ensure funding and Awarding Organisation guidelines are met and comprehensive records of participation and outcomes are kept
• Ensure all learner records and reporting are kept up to date and provided in a timely manner to support management reporting and audit requirements
• Attend regular team meetings and moderation/validation workshops.
• Undertake regular progress reviews and offer guidance to learners on how to improve performance
• Ensure timely achievement of learners within targets set, and work with development coaches and employers to assist retention
• Provide robust exit advice to learners as they set personal goals for career progression
• Good level of IT Skills
• Full driving licence
• Qualified in English and Maths to at least level 4
• Hold a Subject Specialism in English/mathematics, eg: Level, subject specific degree, Cert.Ed. or equivalent.
• Experience within a tutor role working with 16+ learners delivering Maths & English
• Proven track record of meeting targets
• Experience of working in the training/education sector
• An ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to a wide range of people
• Have a passion for learning
• Ability to manage a constant workload with conflicting demands to achieve timely targets
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
• Appropriate professional appearance
• Well organised and self-reliant
• Is personable and engaging
• An enthusiastic approach within a target orientated environment
• Commitment to high professional and personal standards of work and of conduct
Holiday - 25 days plus bank holidays, birthday and a discretionery week at Christmas
Employee wellbeing package
Employee of the month voucher scheme
Employer pension 3% contributions
Supportive and encouraging team environment
BePro is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please send a CV to or call the office in the first instance for an informal discussion on 01642 956970.
Home Based with occasional travel
Full time permanent