Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeships
Duration – This apprenticeship will typically take 18-24 months
Level – Level 3
Qualifications – You will complete a BTEC Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. Apprentices without level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this prior to the end-point assessment.
Teaching Assistants work in Primary, Special and Secondary education across all age ranges encompassing special educational needs and emotional vulnerabilities. The primary role of the Teaching Assistant is to support the class teacher to enhance pupils’ learning either in groups or individually, ensuring pupils understand the work set, know their learning objectives and stay on task in order to make progress.
Areas studied include:
- Communication and Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults
- Engage in Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Promote Children and Young People’s Positive Behaviour
- Promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Work with Children and Young People
- Schools as Organisations
- Support Learning Activities
Apprentices will be taught using a mixture of tutorials, workshops, online materials and self-study. Assessment will take place using a variety of methods such as work-place observations, written assignments, presentations and feedback from managers.
• Existing employees are eligible and there is no age limit
• Up to 100% funding is available, as well as various grants to help with the cost of wages
• The average apprentice improves productivity by £214 a week
• Grow your own talent
• Full training and support is provided by BePro
• Achieve a qualification from one of the UK's leading awarding bodies
• Guided learning and full support from a mentor
• Earn while you learn with a wage of at least £124 a week
• Put your learning into practice
There are no formal entry requirements; this will be decided by each employer. If you think that an apprenticeship is right for you contact us to find opportunities in your area.
If you are an employer wishing to recruit a new apprentice or upskill an existing member of staff then please call us for a bespoke package suitable for your needs. You can contact us on 01642 956970 or firstname.lastname@example.org.