Functional Skills Tutor
£24,000.00 per year
• To maintain accurate records of candidate progress, tracking and achievement.
• Under the supervision of the Head of Quality, to coach, assist and support candidates undertaking functional skills within a full/part time study programme to achieve their qualification successfully and within a reasonable time frame. This will require flexibility to deal with varying abilities and the sensitivity to identify particular learning requirements.
• To communicate progress and provide feedback to the Head of Quality. This will involve regular and open discussion, advising on learner progress and any issues relating to the programme.
• Liaise with Development Coaches, Line Managers and Head of Client Engagement to ensure that learners achieve their Functional Skill by communicating progress, developments or issues and requirements that may arise, thus allowing timely intervention, support, adaptation or corrective action and ultimately completion.
• Network with colleagues to promote best practice across the organisation and support this by delivering standardisation where appropriate.
• Maintain appropriate Continuing Professional Development, including the attendance of all training events identified for you by the Head of Quality, to ensure the highest standards of quality in your teaching/assessing practice.
• Functional Skills Level 2 or equivalent in Maths and English
• Excellent time management and ability to manage own workload
• Track record of meeting targets
• Excellent communication skills
• Full UK driving license with access to a car
• Teaching or training qualification at level 3 or above
• Level 3 Maths and English qualification
Please send a CV to email@example.com
Jun 17, 2021
100% Home based
Permanent - Full time